Biopharma and Medtech CIOs: How to Succeed in Today's Digital Era
Key considerations and recommendations for launching a scalable, intelligent digital health platform that meets your company’s needs.
The role of the healthcare CIO is evolving. While CIOs still spend 80% of their time solving legacy IT issues—and just 20% of their time on digital strategy—top companies are placing more emphasis on digital, and it’s paying off. Biopharma and medtech companies that evolve the CIO role realize market share gains of around 7%.
To explore the evolving role of the CIO and find best practices for a successful digital health strategy, BrightInsight and The Boston Consulting Group spoke with CIOs from the top biopharma and medtech companies and leading health systems including the following executives:
- Paul von Autenried, Chief Information Officer, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Jazz Tobaccowalla, former Senior Vice President and Chief Digital and Information Officer, Celgene
- Kristin Darby, Enterprise Chief Information Officer, Envision Healthcare
Biopharma and R&D
- Aarti Shah, Chief Information Officer, Lilly
- Scott Sandschafer, Chief Information Officer, Novartis
- Diana McKenzie, Board Member, Change Healthcare and Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Technology Advisor, and Former CIO, Amgen and Workday
Download our white paper today to learn what IT challenges CIOs are facing and how to succeed in today's digital era.